Monsoon at Matheran – Nature Walk at Panorama Trail
Date: Sunday, 17th June, 2018. Time: 8 am to 3 pm.
Meeting Point: Neral Railway Station at 8 am
About the event:
Charges: 800 INR (Inclusive of transport to Matheran from Neral railway station, Matheran entry fee, tea and homemade breakfast and our expertise)
Registration: Please scroll down below for Townscript link
Things to carry:
- Drinking Water (for the day)
- Wind-cheater and/or umbrella
- Wear fully covered and comfortable clothes and shoes functional in rainy season
Past Events and Testimonials (click on links):
- Nature Walk at Godrej Mangroves, Vikhroli
- Exploring flora of ‘The Other Hanging Gardens of Mumbai’ at Baptista Garden, Mazgaon docks
- History and nature trail at Vasai fort
- History and nature trail at Sion fort
- Bird Watching with kids
- Nature and Heritage Trail at Elephanta Island
About the leaders:
Two naturalists – Dr. Shreya and Gauri will be leading the walk. Both of them have been conducting such programs for more than eight years. This event is conducted through their joint venture – OikoEssence which is focused on creating awareness about environment around us.
Dr. Shreya is a true nature enthusiast. She has completed her Ph.D in ethanobotany and working in the field of environmental awareness for the last 13 years. She believes that change is slow process but a strong step for better environment and education will certainly bring the change in lifestyles for adapting environmental friendliness.
Gauri is a botanist and naturalist based out of Mumbai. Having worked at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF India), Gauri has expertise in bio-diversity (birds and plants species) and has extensive field experience in organizing nature camps. She is one of our popular writers. You can read about her nature camps here.